The version of the article accepted for publication including all changes made as a result of the peer review process, and which may also include the addition to the article by IOP Publishing of a header, an article ID, a cover sheet and/or an 'Accepted Manuscript' watermark, but excluding any other editing, typesetting or other changes made by IOP Publishing and/or its licensors.
The process by which a copyright owner may transfer ownership of his or her copyright to somebody else. In UK law an assignment must be in writing.
Creative Commons is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to making it easier for people to share and build upon the work of others within the framework of national copyright laws. The Creative Commons suite of free copyright licences provides a simple, standardised way to give users permission to share and use creative and scholarly work. At the time of writing there were six licences. The website for Creative Commons is creativecommons.org.
In the UK, copyright is a property right which automatically arises when a new intellectual work is created. The protection afforded to copyright works varies by country.
The copyright holder is the owner of the copyright and has the exclusive right to prevent or impose restrictions upon the use by others of his or her work.
A work based upon one or more pre-existing copyright works; for example an adapted figure or a rewritten article.
Final Published Version
The peer reviewed, edited, formatted and typeset version of the article including any tagging, indexing and other enhancements published by IOP Publishing and/or its licensors
Gold Open Access
Content is made available to read and reuse with no financial or technical barriers.
The owner retains his or her copyright and grants permission for use of their work within set terms and conditions.
A form of scientific misconduct where the authors copy results or material from someone else's work, claiming it as their own.
In this context, the rights granted to someone using a copyright protected work, laying out what can and cannot be done with the content.
- 2D Materials
- Advances in Natural Sciences: Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- The Astronomical Journal
- The Astrophysical Journal
- The Astrophysical Journal Letters
- The Astrophysical Journal Supplement Series
- Bioinspiration & Biomimetics
- Biomedical Materials
- Biomedical Physics & Engineering Express
- Chinese Physics B
- Chinese Physics C
- Chinese Physics Letters
- Classical and Quantum Gravity
- Communications in Theoretical Physics
- Convergent Science Physical Oncology
- EPL (Europhysics Letters)
- Environmental Research Letters
- European Journal of Physics
- Flexible and Printed Electronics
- Fluid Dynamics Research
- IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science
- IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering
- Inverse Problems
- Izvestiya: Mathematics
- Journal of Breath Research
- Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics
- Journal of Geophysics and Engineering
- Journal of Instrumentation
- Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering
- Journal of Neural Engineering
- Journal of Optics
- Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical
- Journal of Physics B: Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics
- Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics
- Journal of Physics G: Nuclear and Particle Physics
- Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter
- Journal of Physics: Conference Series
- Journal of Radiological Protection
- Journal of Semiconductors
- Journal of Statistical Mechanics: Theory and Experiment
- Laser Physics
- Laser Physics Letters
- Materials Research Express
- Measurement Science and Technology
- Methods and Applications in Fluorescence
- Modelling and Simulation in Materials Science and Engineering
- Nano Futures
- New Journal of Physics
- Nuclear Fusion
- Physica Scripta
- Physical Biology
- Physics Education
- Physics in Medicine and Biology
- Physiological Measurement
- Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion
- Plasma Science and Technology
- Plasma Sources Science and Technology
- Publications of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific
- Quantum Electronics
- Quantum Science and Technology
- Reports on Progress in Physics
- Research in Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Russian Chemical Reviews
- Russian Mathematical Surveys
- Sbornik: Mathematics
- Semiconductor Science and Technology
- Smart Materials and Structures
- Superconductor Science and Technology
- Surface Topography: Metrology and Properties
- Translational Materials Research